My Babies!

My Babies!

Monday, June 2, 2014

" I eat a hamburger mama!?"

As many of our reader's know, Landon only eats a handful of foods.   Just in the past few weeks Landon has requested eating hamburgers.  It all started at lunch with my dad before a Hawks game.  He asked Popo for his hamburger and of course had to smell it and lick it before he would consider taking the tiniest of bites.  This was a huge improvement and giant leap towards trying new foods. 


Attempting Popo's hamburger!!

After ABA sessions Landon knows that his routine consist of French-Fries from McDonald's.  For the rest of us that also means a quick dinner grab as well.  Popo usually gets a hamburger for himself and gets Landon his fries.  I received a call one Thursday evening telling me that Landon had take 3 small bites of Popo's hamburger!  "WOW!!! NO WAY!!!"  was my response!  Not my kid!    I thought to myself maybe we are headed in a new direction!  Landon is still inconsistent on eating a hamburger.  It takes much time and patience as he prepares his senses to enjoy a new food.  He has been requesting hamburgers a lot lately.  Most of the time he attempts 2-3 small bites and says he is done.  My fingers are still crossed that we might just eat an entire 1/2 of a hamburger soon!!  Baby steps towards success of eating new foods for sure! 






Will he eat it!?


One small bite was taken!  Nice Job Landon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment