My Babies!

My Babies!

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Summer School Fun!A

Landon had the opportunity to attend ESY for about 7 weeks.  He went to school Monday-Thursday from 8-11.  He had a different teacher then the school year but it seem to have a few familiar faces and some friends from his previous class.  He took the bus both to and from school and seem to enjoy himself.  Of course every morning he would tell me "No go to school!" BUT he always got on the bus with a smile and waved good-bye.  I use to always ask him how school was and some days he would tell us he played at the dinosaur park or he played with Joshua.  I was not sure if Joshua was someone in his class or a name he had heard but during the school year his teacher was concerned because he never really played or interacted with the other boys in his class.   One evening I had asked him who else he played with at school and he told me "I play with Josuha, and Markie, and Xander!"  A few of those names caught my attention so I pulled out his school class picture and saw two of the boys on the composite.  So I took it over to Landon and asked him again "Landon who do you play with at school!"  He got a huge smile on his face, pointed to Joshua and yelled "It's Joshua mama!"  

Not longer after that we received an awesome note from Landon's summer school teacher that stated what a joy he was in class, always participates during group, follows directions, and how he uses encouraging words towards his friends!  This melted my heart and was so proud of him.  He was obviously starting to interact and play with his friends at school!!  What a great next step for him!!  

A heart warming note from his summer school teacher!

I have put in a few request for a different classroom for Landon this upcoming school year.  After such a successful summer school experience I want to make sure that his last year of pre-school is just as rewarding and full of new opportunities for him to grow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment